May 11, 2021 from 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm EDT
The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) conducts research on cooperative driving automation (CDA) with the goal of advancing transportation systems management and operations (TSMO) strategies. The CARMA program, a network of open source software and support services focused on enhancing digital infrastructure, enables development, testing, and evaluation of emerging CDA capabilities. This webinar will provide an overview of the Traffic Incident Management (TIM) Concept of Operations (ConOps), how the CARMA ecosystem can contribute to developing and improving TIM use case scenarios, and the functional needs for developing and deploying TIM applications in CDA environments.
- Transportation agencies & Infrastructure Owner Operators
- University researchers
- Developers and deployers of CDA technology
Participants will hear from CARMA engineers and developers, and have the opportunity to provide feedback, about progress, challenges, and next steps in the ConOps development process for TIM in a CDA environment.
- Nicole Paladeau (FHWA Contractor, Leidos)
- Larry Head, Professor of Systems and Industrial Engineering (University of Arizona)
- Amir Ghiasi, Co-Principal Investigator (FHWA Contractor, Leidos)
- Sujith Racha, Project Manager (FHWA Contractor, Leidos)
- Pavle Bujanovic, Government Task Manager (FHWA)
Organizational Capability Element:
- Vehicle Systems/Connected Vehicles
Operations Area of Practice:
- Automated vehicles
- Connected Vehicles